Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh man, apparently I am Blue Collar...

What a blow to the psyche!

I read  Delimiter – Australia’s blue collar ICT challenge the other day, but I guess the total effect didn't really sink in, while I aspire to the white collar roles and the extra pay etc that are associated with them the reality is that I am firmly entrenched in the Blue Collar column.

Bummer!

I guess like most of the other people around I tended to think of the stereotypical unkempt engineer sitting in a darkened room, a couple of degrees on the wall behind him crunching code, but the reality is that most of the ICT employees are out there are doing in fact doing things like support, or installation etc all things that are more blue collar type roles. Even if not the traditional blue collar type factory role that people think of.

1 comment: