Saturday, November 13, 2010

Finally getting a back up solution!

Misc Oct 2010 026
I got some new toys today from my friends at Scorptec. These are going to form the proper backup solution that I've never had before. I got an awesome deal with them setting up a promo special because I asked nicely on the Overclockers Australia Forums (if you're a member you can check out the special in this post). Here is a list of what I've got:


Hopefully I'll get the full review up in the next couple of days.

EDIT: The full review starts in part 1 and continues in part 2 and then in this post about backing up to an external USB drive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious about the file format of your USB external HDD. Is it NTFS or ext3 or ext4? I'm wanting to set up a similar backup solution, but I want to be able to image my Windows 7 OS onto the external HDD as well as back up all my files to the external HDD from the DS211J, but be able to access them directly via the Windows 7 machine in case of failure of the DS.

    I have concerns about being able to access ext3 or ext4 via Windows.

    ReplyDelete