Thursday, May 20, 2010

XKCD Jokes an Engineer Can't Share

So todays (well probably yesterday by now) XKCD comic was pretty good.


Now, I'd love to be able to share this joke with my girlfriend. But I know what will happen.
I don't get it. Whats a 192 block?
Now, not for a moment am I saying that my girlfriend is stupid, it is just not her field of expertise. I'm sure she has some awesome jokes about corporate finance that would go straight over my head.

Now I know that XKCD does give users a warning

Warning: this comic occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).


And that is all well and good but really it still doesn't help me when I want to share the wealth. I must admit that occasionally he hits the nail on the head for another subculture such as that of cat and cat owners And at this point I could make several disparaging remarks about my Father...... 


But there are few that fully transcend the barriers and allow me to share his genius with the, for want of a better word, common man.

This frustration began long ago with, the oft cited (by the nerdy few) Bobby Tables Comic.


Which will remain a classic while there are bad databases and database programmers around, such as whoever did the Sacramento Credit Union's site. Damn it seems like they took down that page! Anyway, I am sure there are people out there that share my frustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment