Friday, July 2, 2010

Blogger Sharing Buttons and Custom Templates

So when I read this post on the Blogger Buzz Blog that said sharing buttons where now supported natively on blogger I was pretty stoked. Up until now I had been using a set of custom buttons from one of the sites dedicated solely to adding sharing buttons to pages and blogs. However, I didn't really like how they crammed you through their web page or blasted crappy advertising all over the shop.

Anyway, I excitedly enabled the feature straight away on my blog to no avail. I could see that it was working on other peoples blogs just not mine. The blogger help was anything but.... I searched a few times and couldn't find what I was looking for, I'd give up for a couple of days and then when I saw them on another blog I'd get annoyed and look again.

Finally this morning I finally found my way to this post on BloggerPlugins.org  it seems that the problem was that I had manually customized my template and it couldn't figure out what to do. (Annoyaronically* I had only customized it to add the other sharing buttons in the first place!)


Anyway if you're having problems with adding the sharing buttons check out the post lined above!

*My latest attempt at making up a word. Annoyaronically should be used when something is annoyingly ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment