Friday, April 9, 2010

The Friday Effect

It's probably not just me, or my office, but there is some serious Friday Effect going on around here today.

You know what I mean, Friday afternoon, next weeks deadlines are to far away for you to really care, your task list is getting kind of low, suddenly throwing a rubber spider at a coworker (or writing your opening blog post) seems better than anything else you could possibly be doing.

This week it is compounded in my office by the fact that the development manager is somewhere schlepping through mud in the middle of South America (and will be for a few more weeks yet). Thus leaving the office devoid of pressing commitments from above.

To be really honest as I've been sitting around waiting for other people to get stuff sorted the whole week has taken on a Friday afternoon type feel. Which is always awesome in my book anyway. It has meant that I've been able to catch up on some stuff that I have been putting off for a while (such as starting this blog).

Anyway, I'd like to welcome you to my blog. I am sure heaps and heaps of people will read this first post. This blog will be a collection of my random thoughts and opinions on a wide range of subjects. I'll be posting about topics from office bludging to web application testing and development, from camping to share market and property speculation.

For now I hope everyone makes it through the final hours of Friday afternoon and into an awesome weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good

    Now you can take notes from our random conversations to post up on here.

    Now lets talk about that cork? :D

    ReplyDelete